Saturday, April 3, 2010

Running for the Whidbey...

So, I've been negligent in my postings... but got inspired by watching Julie/Julia and now my daughter is going to post a photo a day for a year.. .
I figure I could pontificate about running! I was very ill and lost my head of steam for training.. but I finally got back into it a bit. Got one track workout in and a long (10 miler?) in in Bellingham.

Last week I got a few trail runs in in Anacortes around Heart Lake. I also got a 15 miler in on the Chuckanut in Bellingham.
I had company for a change. Kelly and Julie accompanied me for the first five miles and then met me "on the Boulevard" at Wood's coffee after.
It was a blowy day but running on the trail kept us out of the wind. The second half of the run with my ipod was great! I've sure noticed that I can run faster WITH music. I felt really strong.

The girls are due in this week and I'm so excited. I think this run will be more about the company than the speed.

It turns out that Seattle RnR is sold out and I missed it AGAIN! O bother! That's what I get for procrastinating. But, I was inspired by a woman I ran with in Bellingham. She was training for the Padden tri. I'm thinking this is the summer to do a tri!

No comments:

Post a Comment